State Employees Credit Union of New Mexico
Revised August 18, 2017
State Employees Credit Union of New Mexico, your member-owned financial cooperative, is committed to providing financial services to meet your needs and reach your financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our members' privacy. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a priority of this Credit Union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at 1-505-983-7328 or 1-800-983-7328.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications and other forms;
• Information about your transactions with us or others;
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
• Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described previously, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may disclose information relating solely to the Credit Union's transactions and experience with you to our affiliated companies which are controlled by State Employees Credit Union. To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
In order to conduct the business of the Credit Union, we may also disclose non public personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of your Credit Union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with State Employees Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
We restrict access to non public personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your non public personal information.
State Employees Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
• Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
• Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, Social Security number, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the State Employees Credit Union, and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official Credit Union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
• Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
If you have questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call us - we are here to serve you.
Bill Presentment, Bill Payment, and PopmoneySM Personal
Last updated June 9, 2012
1. Introduction. The following privacy disclosures are provided by State Employees Credit Union (hereinafter "we" or "us") in connection with the Bill Payment, Bill Presentment and PopmoneySM Personal Payments Services (the "Services") offered through our online banking site (the "Site"), and describe the types of "Personal Information" (information that is identifiable to a particular person) that we (directly or through our service providers) collect in connection with the Services, and how we use, share and protect that Personal Information. These disclosures supplement the disclosures that you have already been provided in connection with our Site and the other services offered through the Site. Some of this information is required by U.S. federal law or other law. Please read this policy carefully to understand what we do.
4. Cookies, Browser Information and Related Issues.
1. When you use the Services, we may receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as the originating IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses, and other such information. This data may be used, among other uses, to improve the operation of the Services and to improve the security of the Services by assisting in "authenticating" who you are when you access the Services, particularly if you register for a Service and are issued or create a username and password.
2. We may also receive additional information about your visit to the portion of the Site that hosts the Services, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take. This data may be used among other uses to improve the operation of the Services and the portion of the Site that hosts the Services.
5. What Types of Personal Information We May Collect. In addition to the types of information described in section 4 above, we may also collect Personal Information about you. This information may include:
1. Social Security number, date of birth, name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and other information that we can use to contact you, verify your identity, and manage risks, such as information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus;
2. names of billers for bills that you would like to view and/or pay online, contact information for those billers, and billing account information, including billing account numbers;
3. name, email address and telephone number that you provide us for other persons to whom you would like to send payments;
4. bank account information (including account numbers) for accounts that you designate for funding or receiving payments, fees, debits and credits for the Services;
5. credit card account information (including credit card number, expiration date and billing address for the credit card), if you decide to make payments from those accounts through the Services;
6. username, password, secret questions and secret answers for resetting passwords, and other authentication credentialing used to verify that only authorized users access the Services; and
7. payment and other transaction information, payment information and other transaction history for payments and other transactions in which you participate through the Services.
6. How We May Collect Personal Information About You. We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
1. Enrollment applications, survey responses, and other electronic or paper forms that you fill out in connection with the Services;
2. Your use of the Services (such as when you send a payment), and your interactions with customer care, including information you enter or speak, and information transmitted by your computer, cell phones and other devices you use to connect to the Services; and
3. We also collect Personal Information about you from others, as permitted by law, such as credit bureaus, Affiliates or other companies (such as identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, and companies (such as your billers) that provide content (such as electronic bills) to the Services).
7. How We May Share Personal Information About You. We share Personal Information about you only as permitted by law. For Personal Information that is nonpublic and that we collect in connection with a financial service, U.S. federal law permits us to share the information only:
1. for our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations, and report to credit bureaus;
2. for our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you;
3. for Joint Marketing with other financial companies;
4. for our Affiliates' everyday business purposes (information about your transactions and experiences);
5. for our Affiliates' everyday business purposes (information about your creditworthiness);
6. for our Affiliates to market to you; and
7. for Nonaffiliates to market to you.
Before we can lawfully share such Personal Information as described in (e), (f) or (g), we would be required to offer you an opportunity to opt out, and we will do so if we ever intend to do that. For California residents, and for residents of any other states where it is required, we will obtain your consent prior to sharing Personal Information as described in (g) unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We may lawfully share such Personal Information as described in (a), (b), (c) and (d) without offering an opt-out, and we may do so. For example, to process your payments (an "everyday business purpose" for the PopmoneySM Personal Payments Service), we need to share Personal Information about you with the person that you are paying or that is paying you, such as your name, the payment amount, and the email address or mobile phone number from which you initiated the payment, but we will do so responsibly and will not share the payment sender's financial account information with the payment receiver or vice versa.
8. How We May Use Personal Information About You. We use Personal Information about you only as permitted by law, including but not limited to the following purposes:
1. To complete transactions and render services authorized by you;
3. for marketing purposes - to offer products and services to you.
1. Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
2. Nonaffiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
3. Joint Marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
10. Access to Information About You. You may review and update the Personal Information maintained about you in the State Employees Credit Union section of the Site at any time to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
11. How We Protect Personal Information About You. To protect Personal Information about you from unauthorized access and use, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, including but not limited to security measures that comply with applicable federal law. We also require our service providers and business partners to whom we disclose the information to do the same.
12. Protection for Former Customers. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to protect, use, and share Personal Information about you as described in this notice and as required by law.
writing: CheckFree Services Corporation
ATTN: Privacy Management
4411 East Jones Bridge Road
Norcross, GA 30092
Telephone number: 1-877-238-7277